Connexelectronic a350smps or meanwell usd350?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
As a side note. The connexelectronic is available as 27v and the meanwell
is only available as a 24v. I also know the switching frequency is 100khz
on the meanwell but not sure what it is for the connex unit.

An obvious difference is the meanwell has PFC and world wide power supply 90-260v input.

There are a lot people who really rate the Meanwell smps's!
i have not found any comparison reviews between the 2 though?

The Meanwell USD350 is a lot more expensive at £132 here in the uk as apposed to £80 for the Connex A350SMPS unit?

Yes the Meanwell has the extras of wide input voltage and PFC but these do not necessarily mean that they sound better which is my main concern.

Also reliability is an issue to consider carefully though!

If the universal mains voltage is an important issue, you might consider the SMPS250. Connexelectronic
this is able to deliver 250W continuous from 90V AC up to 250V AC, and up to 400W peak power. if the power is still not enough, you can consider the SMPS500R, Connexelectronic 500W continuous and 650W peak. it uses resonant topology, has very low EMI and high efficiency.
one important question: do you need differential voltage or single rail voltage ?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.