psu suggestions for 4 x 300w 4ohm

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I'm building a 4 channel power amp.

41hz amp7 tripath3020chips x 2(taking break from soldering as i write this)
150W 8R, 300w 4 ohm 60vdc.

these amps can handle 2ohm, and im gonna need that, so i want a 2ohm stable powersupply. id like to point to point wire it!

I got an audio grade 2500va toroid, 230vac 4 x 40v sec:D.

Got a soft start kit.

Im told that that amp enjoys about 40.000uf per rail, so that ads up to 320.000uf:whacko:.

Will buy 10.000uf 75v elec caps with terminals(not soldering legs).

BUT from there im lost:eek:, have read alot on the net, but never really found a good site about class-t powersupplyes!

can anybody point me in the righte direction, either on what i need(partslist:eek:) or a good site where i can educate my self on the matter!

need all the help i can possibly gett!

best regards.

Last edited:
I will post a build log when i get the amplifier done.

but its gonna take some time, need more hours in a day than there currently are...

because of space issues im going for 30.000uf per rail, getting 24 80v 10.000uf Wicon elec. caps with terminals tonight;).

Imho diy isnt really something we need, alot of sensible products on the commercial market that will gett the job done, so I "may" over do it a tiny bit
icon6.gif

But still in doubt, i dont know alot about linear psu's, do you or anybody know of a sutable schematic for 300w 4 ohm class t amp?.

best regards

panduro

..................150W 8R, 300w 4 ohm 60vdc.
..................I got an audio grade 2500va toroid, 230vac 4 x 40v sec:D.

Got a soft start kit.........................
2 by 40Vac is perfect for 150W into 8ohms.
It should be good for close to 300W into 4r0.
Can your amp really drive a reactive 4ohms speaker load to 300W?

Then I ask, Can your amp drive a 2ohms reactive speaker load to 550W?
If it can, then it MUST be able to push 1000W into a 1r0 dummy load.
Is you amplifier up to that?
I doubt it !

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.