Super PSU transformer

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello,

Actually I've got this kind of amplifier wich has no feedback and only one capacitor in the signal path. With this capacitor in the input it's more easy to find a very good one compares to designs where it's on the output and where electrolytic is needed.

2A & DIY

I've the project to improve it's quality in making a super PSU wich will have 4 inductors and two power transformers.

My question is about the trasformer design: I'd like to have transformers which could avoid to pick up noise on the main AC whitout limiting sound quality.
So exit toroid which are wide band transformers. EI ones seems to be a good choice since they are not "wide band" and theyr relative limitation to deliver peak power is not really a problem for a class A amplifier.
I think that a custom winding could help to improve the ability to protect the amplifier with AC noise.
The idea would be to separate primary and secondary in two different windings but it will increase inductance (and it's noise)
A french audiophile told me that the use of little capacitor could catch this noise and will give all the benefit of this design.
He told me too to make a transformer for 25 hz (instead of 50hz): it will make the baby quiet, cold and more punchy but wiht higher weight which is not a problem.
Does somebody have other idea to wind the best transformer as possible (in the particular case of my amplifier)?

thanks for your help: David

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.