Quick question on connecting this power supply

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
It doesn't really matter, as soon as you plug in the plug turned around 180 degrees, you'll be off again. If you really want to do this, then take a screwdriver with a neon lamp inside (dunno what they'Re called in English) and test the socket. The wire that makes the lamp glow is L, the one that doesn't is N IIRC.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/c/c6/Spanningzoeker.jpg
Phase testing thingie

Hi I meant hot and neutral. I have to connect an AC power cable to it I would like to know to which AC input the hot wire would go and to which the neutral would go on the power supply. Theres two on the power supply L AC and N AC

Hi,
N= Neutral
L= Phase
This is ac input.
what is the input voltage? (I think 110VAC)
DC voltage out? current output?

Regards

Last edited:
so L=Live (hot) and N=neutral that makes sense lol. So if I were to put neutral in the L input and the hot in the N input what would happen? I imagine the fuse would just blow, not that I'm going to do it but I think it would be good to know.

Mooly I definitely wont forget to connect the ground .:)

so L=Live (hot) and N=neutral that makes sense lol. So if I were to put neutral in the L input and the hot in the N input what would happen? I imagine the fuse would just blow, not that I'm going to do it but I think it would be good to know.

Hi,
Not exist a psu with dedicate one pole at "L" or "N".
some industrial power supply dedicate line pole.(only for legislation)
not blow fuse if you connect this.:)
both lines input have necessary ISO to GND(ground)

Last edited:
Administrator
Joined 2007
Paid Member

It would work just the same if you swapped the L and N, however reversed polarity can be dangerous (on anything) for anyone working internally on the equipment.
Think about a table lamp with a single pole switch... if you reverse the polarity the lamp socket is always live, even though the lamp appears to function normally.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.