48v power supply design questions

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I am working on a hybrid amp that requires a 48v 350ma power supply. I have a 24v 1.5a transformer that I would like to use. I'm just having trouble getting from 24v to 48v. Power supply designs are my week point. I'm learning as I go. Thanks for any help.

Bryant

that voltage doubler circuit he's suggested is not a good idea for a high current supply. They work well at low currents but not at 350mA.

The 24Vac with a voltage doubler will give almost 70Vdc on very light load and as the load increases the ripple becomes enormous causing the average voltage to fall.

Most of the designs that I have seen are the voltage doubler type and as you say the ripple makes it almost useless at that point. I found a 48v 3a transformer but am unsure how to get the amps down to the level I need. I know it's just a matter of adding resistors and capacitors but in what order and where. Right now all of those formulas I had memorized are just gone.

Hi,

Here is two circuit.
1. Simple circuit.
2vn421u.jpg

2. A little bit complex to reduce capacitor size.
2ykj2ud.jpg

Hope your solution you got.

Thanks

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.