meanwell ???

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have a 27v meanwell power supply that Quit working. I know just enough to be dangerous . One of the 4 transistors attached to heatsink/case gets hot rapidly when I plug the PS in. It is labeled
F
c3320
JT52

Looking for a replacement I can find sc3320 and nte2311

Is the one heating up bad or the one that stay's cool ? or is there something wrong before in the circuit that causes it to heat up rapidly. It would cost more to have fixed than a replacement but If I can solder 3 points on a 5$ replacement part that would be worth it.

The transistor is likely to be a 2SC3320. Unfortunately i can't really help you as i have absolutely no idea of the type of circuit that SMPS employs. Normally to find faults i'd power up the SMPS chip only using a 12V or 15V regulated power supply to see what's going on. This would involve knowing what SMPS chip is used in the design itself & i have no idea tbh.

So although i meanwell (couldn't resist it :D) i'm about as useless as a chocolate teapot..

Perhaps if you take a look inside & let us know what PWM regulator chip is employed we can help a tad more ;)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.