spike problem !

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
hello!
Plese help me to eliminate this spike!
All measurements have been made with the gound as reference.

Attachments

• spike wave.JPG
    spike wave.JPG
    144.7 KB · Views: 334
Administrator
Joined 2007
Paid Member
Looks like a commercial design from the way the circuit is drawn.
Why is the "spike" a problem ? Is the unit faulty in some way.
You have to be very careful in just what you call "ground" too, moving the connection to avoid it being influenced by circuit resistances etc as the very high currents have a real effect on measurements..

Administrator
Joined 2007
Paid Member
Is this something you have made yourself ? or is it a faulty commercial product ?

When you say the "output voltage increases" what do you mean ? You haven't shown the secondary connections, feedback etc. Do you rectify the outputs ?

My problem is the large input capacitance of irfp2907.
I cannot find a good gate resistor value. (resistor + diods)
I have tested values between 22 and 100 ohms, all with bad results.
The lower value resistor I'm using, the more obvious the problems are.

Last edited:
Please help me, this problem is getting irritating. I'not able to drive irfp2907pbf.
The spike is the main issue because it causes an increase in voltage after the rectifying bridge and I don't want this.
I've tried gate resistors with values between 2 and 100 ohms + a diode for closing, I've even tried a PNP tranzistor for forced closing and still no help.
I've even modified the number of windings on the ferrite and still no result.
The mosfet opening / closing circuit seems to be ok but I get a ringing at 2 different frequencies. I can tame the 4Mhz ringing with a snubber but for the life of me I can't tame the 1.1Mhz ringing.
Please help, i'm on the edge of giving up with the project.
wave form on primary

Attachments

• 290320101308.jpg
    290320101308.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 195
  • 290320101309.jpg
    290320101309.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 156
  • 290320101310.jpg
    290320101310.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 144
What's the deal with the first and third waveform shots you last posted? Presumably those are both sides of the push-pull? The last one looks passable. If you have the same circuit and are getting different results, then you don't have the same circuit. The layout must be an issue.

(well I meant the post before the last)

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.