Behringer sps 600

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hey guys

Some friends have a Behringer powered mixer that has died the proverbial death.
Found a quartet of dead resistors, wave choppers and sundry drivers (I'm guessing) that had died, so replaced them.
But the thing blew out the resistors (current limiters) again.

I understand these are multi layer boards, so I really would appreciate a schematic or help if anyone out there can.

It's an otherwise good desk. Seems a shame to send it to it's grave when it can be used to make some sweet music (they are a good band).
PS. It went off again without the amp modules connected.

Cheers

I know the last reply on this thread is from 3 years ago but for anyone else who has come across the same problem there is more to it than replacing the resistors. I have one I am currently repairing and it has been blown up quite badly.

The pair of 17N80C3 Mosfets were shorted and the UC3854BN controller IC may be toast, I also found R41(2.2K) and R32(3.3K) to be burned open.

All these parts can be purchased at Digikey for under 50 bucks CAD. If this works I will make a post with all the parts I replaced.

I know the last reply on this thread is from 3 years ago but for anyone else who has come across the same problem there is more to it than replacing the resistors. I have one I am currently repairing and it has been blown up quite badly.

The pair of 17N80C3 Mosfets were shorted and the UC3854BN controller IC may be toast, I also found R41(2.2K) and R32(3.3K) to be burned open.

All these parts can be purchased at Digikey for under 50 bucks CAD. If this works I will make a post with all the parts I replaced.

Hi mate,
Did you ever complete the repairs? I have the same PSU and the same issues..

Ant.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.