SMPS power supplies - are they really usable?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Gotta love the documentation! :p
(available here: Hi )

Quote:
"Just for the record, I, the person providing this information, am a penniless peasant living in the mountains of Nepal."

Quote (regarding the power cable):
"Steal one from an old toaster or other broken appliance."

Quote (regarding shock hazard):
" It can give you a jolt hard enough to cause you to knock other things around on the bench, possibly causing a bigger fiasco."

Last edited:
I just thought I would throw in my two cents about these SMPS, I bought 10 of them a while back:). Follow the mod sheets they will really help with high voltage regulation and adjust ability as they originally pulled the the adjust off the low voltage side, if you do not need the 3.3 and 5VDC remove them all together along with the analog board as it is not needed with the mods. I also replaced the barrel diodes in the HV side with to220 8amp high speed ones. As for noise they can use a little better filtering, but that is a simple fix better inductors and filters, as for added capacitance they seem to handle 20000MFD alright, no issues and I have had them running for over a year.
All in all if you have some parts in your parts bin and some time these make great little supplies. They will provide a constant 200W into a load as long as you keep them cool.

Hi,

(To:darkfenriz)
I only pointed out a product that I consider very interesting. I do not sell! I would love to discuss and confront various circuit techniques, innovative instead of the usual 30 years old. must see .. flayback for audio amplifier? and other PSUs fall under voltage bursts (12-14Volt )?... nice! add capacitors?
I respect the work and passion of others.
----------------------------------------
SMPS for audio is critical, IMD, THD and noise are not easy to solve and then there's the issue of response time to the current. (Vital sign of a good amplifier) does not seem interested.
could address the problem by sharing the experiences of all of us.:)

Best Regards

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.