My transformer

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have attached bridge and caps on the transformer as u can see. Is that ok???????/
The second single cap bridge is 12volt dc for indicator and decorating lights additional feature of transformer???/ i powerd up tda2030a and tda burnt with snoke in 2 sec. is this power transformer ok for lm3886 or there is chances of burning? i hav 8 ohm 6 inch woofer.

Attachments

• 007.JPG
    007.JPG
    136.4 KB · Views: 223
  • 009.JPG
    009.JPG
    137.6 KB · Views: 209
  • 011.JPG
    011.JPG
    134.5 KB · Views: 193
Hi,
measure the DC output voltage at the rectifier/smoothing cap.

How small/big is that EI transformer.
I see 25+25V and 3A. But, it does not look like 150VA. It looks more like a 20VA to 50VA transformer.

u mean its not 3A transformer. i ask the same question from the maker of this transformer and he told me that the size of the transformer depend on the core and winding. it is 3a transformer. but y u say that its look like 20 to 50 va??? this transformer cost me $4

Last edited:
I estimate from the pics and the sizes that the winding aperture is ~36mmx13.5mm, ~4.9sq cm ~0.75sq in and the centre leg of the core is ~24mmx34mm.
This gives the core area of ~ 1.25sq in =~8sq cm

Can anyone tell us the VA rating for these areas?

What is the diameter of the secondary wire?
What is the diameter of the primary wire?

3A DC is not the way to confirm the VA rating of the transformer.

You need to apply an AC load direct to each/both secondary windings.
You need a pair of 8r33 100W resistors.
Measure the input voltage, measure the open circuit output voltage and then measure the voltage across both load resistors.

Tell us what you find.

BTW,
49Vdc from a 25+25Vac transformer is a disaster. 25+25Vac should give near 70Vdc

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.