Power Supply Help for 9 X Hypex UcD180

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hey, im not normally an audio DIY'r but i needed an audio grade 9-10 channel amplifer able to do 80-100w at 8ohm's and couldnt finf anything that was within my budget. So here goes my first project.

The plan is to use 9 Hypex ucd180 modules

OR

3 Hypex ucd400 with 6 ucd180's

Id prefer the second option so my L/C/R have more power but will have more thermal issues this way im thinking so the 9x180's may be easier.

The wiring part isnt an issue for me, either is the manufacturing of a case or modding a premade one. id like to keep it all in something like this Hi Fi DIY Audio Power Amplifer chassis/case/D998 - eBay (item 230407321651 end time Jan-02-10 01:11:43 PST) .

Id really like to keep the supply to basics. but one thing id like is if it had a soft start feature. and the other thing is a id like to add active cooling. I was planning on doing a heat pipe thing were the amps are mounted to the sides/heatsinks and then covered on the inside with a rear centeral fan exhast like old xtant car amplifiers.

Any help anyone can provide for the PSU is much appreciated.
Paul

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.