+-114V 1.8KW SMPS Schematic - Page 2 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Power Supplies

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 24th November 2012, 04:28 AM   #11
stewin is offline stewin  Kenya
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by microsim444 View Post

Hello

Attached is a schematic for a SMPS from a known power amplifiers manufacturer, it should deliver 1.6KW to 1.8KW


Comments are welcomed.

Any one intrested into more schematics, mail me.


Micro


has any one managed build this project?
  Reply With Quote
Old 26th November 2012, 06:40 AM   #12
Tarzan is offline Tarzan  Belgium
diyAudio Member
 
Tarzan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Genk
Link to A&T Labs.
Poweramp with SMPS...
K6 700 Watt Audio Amplifier and Switching Power Supply
  Reply With Quote
Old 12th December 2012, 12:28 PM   #13
chas1 is offline chas1  Dominican Republic
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic
Send a message via AIM to chas1 Send a message via MSN to chas1 Send a message via Yahoo to chas1
I have built the SMPS and it works almost out of the box, the biggest problem was
closing the feedback loop,a type two is used in design I changed to type type three
and later eliminated the monitoring of neg rail and a few other changes and later reduced it to halfbridge.I went on to design my own halfbridge that suited my needs.I had some help from the designer Reinhard Metz ,who is a member of this forum.The original design called for 100uH inductors on ouputs but were changed to 350uH.I also am aware that some people added large caps on output.Not a good idea,lowers ESR and will have huge effect on feedback loop and could result in oscillations.I posted photos of my halfbridge version of this supply somewhere in this thread.If you have LTspice you can simulate the supply and verify it works.., If you want to build it I would suggest that you buy all parts from source especially the magnetics or better yet buy the completed one.
__________________
seek and you shall find

Last edited by chas1; 12th December 2012 at 12:35 PM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12th December 2012, 12:31 PM   #14
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: South Sweden
I have seen this expression before: Type two feedback, type three feedback,

I am not familiar with the expression, albeit with feedback theory no problem.

What does it mean?
__________________
listen! Can you hear that ...
  Reply With Quote
Old 12th December 2012, 01:34 PM   #15
diyAudio Member
 
donpetru's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Romania
Quote:
Originally Posted by microsim444 View Post

Hello

Attached is a schematic for a SMPS from a known power amplifiers manufacturer, it should deliver 1.6KW to 1.8KW


Comments are welcomed.

Any one intrested into more schematics, mail me.


Micro
It seems the electronic diagram from the first post is extracted from one QSC service manual. The design is still a small mistake that was left intentionally.
__________________
AV400v2 and GX400 audio amplifier projects
PCB Design Services - for prototypes OR serial products, Today Tehnium and Forums

Last edited by donpetru; 12th December 2012 at 02:03 PM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12th December 2012, 04:59 PM   #16
Krisfr is offline Krisfr  United States
diyAudio Member
 
Krisfr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: near the House of the Mouse
Quote:
Originally Posted by chas1 View Post
I have built the SMPS and it works almost out of the box, the biggest problem was
closing the feedback loop,a type two is used in design I changed to type type three
and later eliminated the monitoring of neg rail and a few other changes and later reduced it to halfbridge.I went on to design my own halfbridge that suited my needs.I had some help from the designer Reinhard Metz ,who is a member of this forum.The original design called for 100uH inductors on ouputs but were changed to 350uH.I also am aware that some people added large caps on output.Not a good idea,lowers ESR and will have huge effect on feedback loop and could result in oscillations.I posted photos of my halfbridge version of this supply somewhere in this thread.If you have LTspice you can simulate the supply and verify it works.., If you want to build it I would suggest that you buy all parts from source especially the magnetics or better yet buy the completed one.
Chas1 are you saying you built the one in post #1 or in post #12?
__________________
Thanks
Never give a Systems Analyst a screwdriver or hammer
  Reply With Quote
Old 12th December 2012, 05:35 PM   #17
Banned
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: London
Quote:
Originally Posted by donpetru View Post
It seems the electronic diagram from the first post is extracted from one QSC service manual. The design is still a small mistake that was left intentionally.
Interesting to know there is a mistake


could you show
  Reply With Quote
Old 12th December 2012, 06:12 PM   #18
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: MUMBAI
can i get pcb lay out of 1.8kw power supply
  Reply With Quote
Old 13th December 2012, 10:54 AM   #19
chas1 is offline chas1  Dominican Republic
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic
Send a message via AIM to chas1 Send a message via MSN to chas1 Send a message via Yahoo to chas1
If you follow the directions and have the parts,including the double sided pcb the supply can be constructed and it does work,I had my pcb made here in local board house,wound my own transformer as directed,purchased parts from Mouser,wound my own inductors and gate drive transformer and with a few mod's use the supply to power a 2kW Crown amplifier which I removed from a Toshiba MRI which was used as gradient amps.I did my own pcb layout which was very close to the author's, however I would purchase the author's pcb it's cheaper.The feedback circuit needs some attention.I have completed my own design to suit my needs reusing mosts of the parts from my version of this supply.
__________________
seek and you shall find

Last edited by chas1; 13th December 2012 at 11:19 AM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 13th December 2012, 11:28 AM   #20
chas1 is offline chas1  Dominican Republic
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic
Send a message via AIM to chas1 Send a message via MSN to chas1 Send a message via Yahoo to chas1
As a follow up,pcb board layout is very important for this supply as the control IC is
on the secondary side and isolated from the power section.
__________________
seek and you shall find
  Reply With Quote

Reply


Hide this!Advertise here!
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
SMPS Trouble, wont start - need some advice! Full schematic silversweden Solid State 0 1st January 2009 03:27 PM
Repair SMPS - Need help identifying SMD, schematic attached silversweden Solid State 12 27th December 2008 06:39 PM
SG3526 Offline SMPS schematic need please adi109cj Power Supplies 0 9th October 2007 03:31 PM
schematic for a + -30v ,300va smps sagarverma Power Supplies 25 5th January 2006 12:10 PM
SG 3524 SMPS Schematic -_nando-_ Power Supplies 2 19th December 2005 07:04 PM


New To Site? Need Help?

All times are GMT. The time now is 01:25 PM.


vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright 1999-2014 diyAudio

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2