bridge rectifier pcb

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Well I don't know what use it is to put TO-220 diodes on a PCB, they won't ever dissipate more than a DO-204 in the same place. If you're going to use 10A diodes, the only way to actually *use* them is with a heatsink, which is why they put the tab on the things.

I must be missing something, did I just walk blindly into an audiophoolery product?

As for snubbers, you can put RCs anywhere you like, either flying through the air or on another PCB. I'm surprised at all that there would actually be a *PCB* for *just a rectifier*, especially when it has 1/4" QC terminals just like the much cheaper, far more powerful product I linked to.

Tim

Joined 2004
Paid Member
Following Peter Daniel's lead, I'm going to make a bridge using individual "ultra soft" recovery ON Semi MSR 1560 (15A). But I'm not planning to use a heat sink, just connect to a terminal strip letting them just point into the air. It will replace the normal bridge in a 3-ch power amp. I should really get on that, so stay tuned for results in the next week or so. Hopefully the diodes will handle the heat.

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.