Help for repair or rebuild power supply from bass amp.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi all,

I have an old (90's) Gallien Krueger MB150E amplifier that have burn the power supply. The manufacturer sent me a copy of the schematic.
I tried to repair but I can not get good results.

Schematics: http://www.4shared.com/file/128227972/b615fbff/MBE_series.html

I've been thinking of building another power supply but do not know how to make and maybe someone of you can tell me how or maybe have some designs that can be used.

I would be eternally grateful.

Greetings from Spain and thanks.

Hola Fredenando,
I'm having also trouble with my 90's MB150E. I played - not even with high volume, when suddenly POW....the amp broke. I saw a burned IC (UC3843N) and a burned resistance - near the power supply. But actually I cannot identify the resistance - it looks like 28 Ohm. But I think this can't be correct. I've already contacted Gallien Krueger support for a schematic. But unfortunately there's no answer.

Your link seems to be no more valid. Do you still have the schematics? Could you be so kind to upload it once more? I would be very glad - this would be a very great help for me.

Cheerio & saludos,
desmond

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.