±50V SMPS for Quasar Amps (& others)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
We had few minor pcb mistakes which have been corected and we'll release gerbers (from corrected version 1) to public domain. ;)
Tibi

i just count about 20 mistakes, without having the board or gerbers. just from the pictures. or maybe they were there by purpose ?

As long as romanian-chinese people have a better pcb for our source, we will release our version 1 pcb to public. and, of course, no mistakes and even more ready tested.

you just found-out that have a better source ? you should knew this before, but... probably you also have a good source, since 5 euros was way too much compared to your 3 USD price tag.

so, when we can see the gerbers ? maybe pcb file too ?

Last edited:
dudaindc

Why didn't you connect IR2110's COM pin directly to low side source?
Keep in mind, that Vss and COM do not need to be at exactly the same potential, so you could connect COM to low side source and Vss to local ground.

darkfenriz,

I don't get your observation. Can you please be more precise, where we should connect com (IR2110 pin 2) ?
You mean to float drive the mos-fet's ?

Regards,
Tibi

Last edited by a moderator:
Smps

For DIY and those interested in potentially purchasing pcb boards, could you supply a bit more information? Useful info would be Bill of materials, potential sources for parts(transformer), information on building, testing, output, how to change output voltage etc. Thanks! Also can you use 120 Volt input ?

For the time been, we are sharing our version 1 PCB.
The files are on http://www.vicol-audio.ro

SMPS ver.0 schematic
gerber files for SMPS ver.1
BOM
Please ONLY for DIY. :)

We are currently working on PCB ver.2 - schematic improvements and better layout.
We expect to have new boards ready by the end of this month.
As I mentioned, the price/pcb is ~7euro and we are going to sale these at the factory price, because is a new project and those who register and build this SMPS are helping us to develop a new product.
Those who are interested can register here, or on romanian elforum.ro

Thanks,
Tibi

For DIY and those interested in potentially purchasing pcb boards, could you supply a bit more information? Useful info would be Bill of materials, potential sources for parts(transformer), information on building, testing, output, how to change output voltage etc. Thanks! Also can you use 120 Volt input ?

There will be later attached all the info like : BOM , farnell/digikey/etc. codes for parts , info on building and the exact info for 110V/120V working voltage .
We are working on this right now !
Till now only version 0 and version 1 have such detailed info and tibi directed for the old files (link) if you want for study.
As we said the version 2 is in working stage also with documentation .

Info:

As there was mentioned : the same pcb will be used ( depend on what materials you place on pcb and the number of the turns on transformer ) for SS amplifier or for tube amplifier .
- in case of SS will be -+50V / 15A... 18A and a second source of -+12..15V / 1A
- in case of Tube will be 350V / 1.5A for anodic and 6.3V / 10A... 12A for filaments

Have a nice Diy !
Dan

So I guess we have to wait to register in group buy or not? I will take 2 :) anyway.

A group buy is running on http://www.elforum.ro/viewtopic.php?f=180&t=41582&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&start=120
There are already 62 pcb registered for version.2

I don't want to follow this group-buy on two forums.
It's OK if I put your name on that list ?
On other hand, we are going to provide Elektrisola litzwire at ~ 0.44euro/m

Nominal dimension: 0,100mm
Total number of wires 120
Grouped 1 x 3 x 40
Section 0,9425mmp

You will need at least 4m to wire transformer.
Please let me know if you are interested in litzwire as well.

Regards,
Tibi

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.