how to build a regulated psu to drive an op-amp?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
hi!

i am doing some modifications to an old cd player and want to build a powersupply for the op-amp. the dac i already done this for. but that was somewhat easier. it just needs 5vdc. but as i can see the op uses somewhere between 4,5-24V pos and neg

i have tried to build a regulated psu for this but i failed twice.

i have ample supply of 78xx and 79xx regulators but i seem to be missing something important,

can someone point me in the right direction? is there any good schematics somewhere?

the transformer i will use is a 2x15V

i have powered the op with 12battery and it worked fine. sounded pretty good. but not very practical

cheers

Disabled Account
Joined 2007
figge77 said:
is there any good schematics somewhere?

Yes - the datasheet:

Attachments

• 1114.png
    1114.png
    21.7 KB · Views: 282
for a +-5Vdc regulated supply you should be using a 6+6Vac to 9+9Vac transformer, not 15+15Vac transformer.

If you pre-regulate down to ~10V and fit big heatsinks you can use your high voltage transformer but that's a lot of extra hardware that can be avoided by buying the correct transformer.

thanks for all the advice.

i managed to get it to work. i used the schematic posted by MJL21193
and some of my own touch. works like a charm. sounds probably as good as a op-amp sounds

maybe offtopic but would there be any way to build a SS outputstage instead of the op amp?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.