The simplistic Salas low voltage shunt regulator

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member
There is something wrong going on initially. There should always be 4mA available to charge the filter capacitor. Can 2000uF be overkill to start up? Here is an alternative routing by the way.

Attachments

• Rpcb.gif
    Rpcb.gif
    27.3 KB · Views: 600
Salas,

I have run simulations comparing Reflektor and V1.2. The V1.2 is at 60v out the Reflektor is at 10v out. The first image is the Reflecktor, the second the V1.2, the third is the AC analysis V(005) is the Reflektor, V(outpos1) is V1.2. Are my results correct (relatively speaking) ?

Thanks

Ken

Attachments

• Reflektor Schema.PNG
    Reflektor Schema.PNG
    66.3 KB · Views: 596
  • V1.2 positive schema.PNG
    V1.2 positive schema.PNG
    74.9 KB · Views: 586
  • Graph R vs V1.2.PNG
    Graph R vs V1.2.PNG
    85.7 KB · Views: 570
They are output impedance traces versus frequency. Dotted is their phase. You can read the one I posted before in dB, also in Ohm as such (~7mOhm flat portion):

Salas, I know I've probably asked this before, so, forgive my poor memory... How do you get the impedance analysis? Which simulation CDM are you using? I understand how to make the formula in the graph output...
Ken

Joined 2006
Paid Member
A correction is in order. My previous info was based on a friend´s measurements that is using my build.

I remade the measurements in real time and to reach 28Vout I need 10 minutes but with a different behaviour:
1st minute, Vout climbs steadily from 0 to 29Vout
9 minutes, Vout decreases slowly from 29 to 28 Vout

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.