The simplistic Salas low voltage shunt regulator

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi ! Salas
i have test Salas low shunt v1.0 out 3V3, with Q4 = Bd140 or MJE 350.
I want ask you about Mje 350 and Bd140, Which one is it better?? MJE or BD??
Thanks !

Attachments

• Low-SSHV-ad-3-5V.jpg
    Low-SSHV-ad-3-5V.jpg
    150.6 KB · Views: 1,333
I think quanghao was commenting that he has found the V1.2 of the shunt to have inconsistent performance (probably requiring tweaking) depending on the input voltage and that this may cause it to be more difficult for a DIY project available to the masses.

he has not had this trouble with V1

thats how I understood it anyway.

I think quanghao was commenting that he has found the V1.2 of the shunt to have inconsistent performance (probably requiring tweaking) depending on the input voltage and that this may cause it to be more difficult for a DIY project available to the masses.

Yes! Salas shunt low V1.0 , it is very excellent, and very simple,
you can use at 3V.3 to 80V, it is very stable!

diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member

:confused: Maybe he wants more Vin and the fet cascode shorts his target. Or he got it oscillating in some layout as a hybrid. The fets need proper Idss relations.

Joined 2006
Paid Member
Ok! I use Bd140 ad 3.3 v and not use Tant caps!

Such design for CCS V1.2 shunt v1 looks great!
But inconsistent with the V-in source, it is difficult for DIY?
V1.0 is a complete design and simple

It seems quanghao did a hybrid design using v1.2 CCS in a v1 shunt and had trouble in the implementation.

He likes original v1 (simple and effective).

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.