The simplistic Salas low voltage shunt regulator - Page 563 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Power Supplies

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 17th December 2012, 10:09 AM   #5621
RollE2k is offline RollE2k  Sweden
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Salas: But i would need a new PCB for that circuit? without cross checking schematics it looks like a completely new layout, which would need new pcb?
  Reply With Quote
Old 17th December 2012, 11:44 AM   #5622
Salas is offline Salas  Greece
diyAudio Chief Moderator
 
Salas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Athens-Greece
Quote:
Originally Posted by dtses View Post
hi,

a quick question regarding v1.0 5VDC, I got 115mv pik to pik oscillations, is that fine?
They look like aperiodic glitches. No, not acceptable. Must be rid off. What exact circuit you made, and what is the load? Has anything extra parts on its rails? Is it a two wire PSU connection or 4?
  Reply With Quote
Old 17th December 2012, 11:46 AM   #5623
Salas is offline Salas  Greece
diyAudio Chief Moderator
 
Salas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Athens-Greece
Quote:
Originally Posted by RollE2k View Post
Salas: But i would need a new PCB for that circuit? without cross checking schematics it looks like a completely new layout, which would need new pcb?
That is a special Reflektor. Its for you to make on a matrix. Something with boards for circa 100V could only be SSHV2 with smaller than 68K ref resistors if the max current demands are no more than 80mA.
  Reply With Quote
Old 18th December 2012, 03:41 AM   #5624
MikeMax is offline MikeMax  France
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Paris
Hi Salas,
I'm very newby here, i was searching for shunt regulator and finaly found this thread. Very big Thread and very very intersting.
I'm looking for a +/- 15 to 22V shunt and 5V shunt,
what is the last version of the shunt (i saw V1.2 somewhere and the one in the page 562 called "reflektor 100" but it's look like something for High voltage)?
I saw 2 PIN called "sense" where do i have to put them?
Is there any "condensement" of these 563 pages? it is very intersting, you make a good work, very amazing, but I will pass my entier life to read all off them+all the outlink to look at.
May be a good idea is to make a new thread with/for each new version and/or a tutorial showing how to use the shunt/evolution/a kind of "Manual" of what have been done by you. May be you did it but i dont know where to search...
Sorry for the inconveniance, i dont want to be unpleasant with you (it's just a reflexion of a new becomer and almost afraid on this Big thread)
P.S. : Sorry for my bad english

Best regards...

Mike
  Reply With Quote
Old 18th December 2012, 10:42 AM   #5625
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: UK, Manchester
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salas View Post
They look like aperiodic glitches. No, not acceptable. Must be rid off. What exact circuit you made, and what is the load? Has anything extra parts on its rails? Is it a two wire PSU connection or 4?
hi Salas,

1. it is 1.0 version with 47uf Tonerex on the output (att) & BF245A as Q3
2. the load is two Wolfson Wm8740 chips
3. no extra parts
4. about 5cm coaxial cable (two wire)

5. no oscillations if I disconnect the load (pls see att)

Could someone please attach a scope screen to see how a decent Salas shunt reg should look like?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg reg.jpg (73.8 KB, 390 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0100.JPG (735.5 KB, 386 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0097.JPG (698.4 KB, 354 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0099.JPG (558.2 KB, 321 views)
  Reply With Quote
Old 18th December 2012, 11:17 AM   #5626
Salas is offline Salas  Greece
diyAudio Chief Moderator
 
Salas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Athens-Greece
It does not look you got a problem in your build, its stuff from the digital jumping on rail we may suppress better. What does the Wolfson have for rail to ground components where the 2 wires meet its board and beyond?
  Reply With Quote
Old 18th December 2012, 11:20 AM   #5627
Salas is offline Salas  Greece
diyAudio Chief Moderator
 
Salas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Athens-Greece
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeMax View Post
Hi Salas,
I'm very newby here, i was searching for shunt regulator and finaly found this thread. Very big Thread and very very intersting.
I'm looking for a +/- 15 to 22V shunt and 5V shunt,
what is the last version of the shunt (i saw V1.2 somewhere and the one in the page 562 called "reflektor 100" but it's look like something for High voltage)?
I saw 2 PIN called "sense" where do i have to put them?
Is there any "condensement" of these 563 pages? it is very intersting, you make a good work, very amazing, but I will pass my entier life to read all off them+all the outlink to look at.
May be a good idea is to make a new thread with/for each new version and/or a tutorial showing how to use the shunt/evolution/a kind of "Manual" of what have been done by you. May be you did it but i dont know where to search...
Sorry for the inconveniance, i dont want to be unpleasant with you (it's just a reflexion of a new becomer and almost afraid on this Big thread)
P.S. : Sorry for my bad english

Best regards...

Mike
Hi Mike

This one looks like is the thread you need.
http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/power...airytales.html
  Reply With Quote
Old 19th December 2012, 08:29 AM   #5628
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: UK, Manchester
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salas View Post
It does not look you got a problem in your build, its stuff from the digital jumping on rail we may suppress better. What does the Wolfson have for rail to ground components where the 2 wires meet its board and beyond?
it has only a cap C38, the reg goes to 3 analogue supply pins only of the chip.
Attached Images
File Type: png wm supply.png (37.7 KB, 303 views)
Attached Files
File Type: pdf WM8740 DAC Sch.pdf (155.4 KB, 27 views)
  Reply With Quote
Old 19th December 2012, 10:02 AM   #5629
diyAudio Member
 
merlin el mago's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Catalonia - Europe
Can be capacitor C38 oscillating the reg.
  Reply With Quote
Old 19th December 2012, 02:08 PM   #5630
Salas is offline Salas  Greece
diyAudio Chief Moderator
 
Salas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Athens-Greece
His scope does not show a periodic waveform, just glitches here and there. I would take the 2 wires directly on C38 and see what happens by making it bigger or smaller, preferably using Tantalum cap.
  Reply With Quote

Reply


Hide this!Advertise here!
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



New To Site? Need Help?

All times are GMT. The time now is 04:13 AM.


vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright 1999-2014 diyAudio

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2