Reclaimed transformer

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello all,

Recently I was cleaning out the garage and came across a stack of old modems. I cracked a few of them open and started "harvesting" parts. Lots of good stuff and since these things all ran on AC power, there's plenty of power supply parts.

I have several transformer that I salvaged but cannot find any information on how they're wound. I was wondering if anyone could shed some light.

The transfromers are manufactured by XFRMS.com (I think). They have 12 pins (6 on each side). I have 4 of these.The markings on them are;

XFRMS 0608
ADTN X130T (these came out of ADTRAN modems by the way)
3531PWR045@E

I also have one additional unit which looks a bit beefier I removed it from an old computer power supply it's marked as;

MP-13B 1800
SMT-35RV-131T
DET0244(01) 0121

Any info you might have on these would be appreciated

Punkin, you might like to manually characterize the transformers. I suspect that there is a small power transformer and an even smaller signal coupling one in each unit. For the power one, use your ohmmeter to determine which winding is the primary. Then test the secondary, variously, with the primary powered up.

For the signal coupling one, measure the resistance of each winding. Then you can try to test for inductance estimates. I have gotten an idea of the inductance for similar transformers by placing a resistor in series with a winding and measuring the voltage drop across the winding with 60hz current applied. Saturation of the core may affect the reading.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.