SMPS repair has me stumped

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I receiver a BASH subwoofer amp to repair, and the smps was (is) dead. One mosfet was shorted and D2 was turned black (see schematic below). I was unable to determine the original part no. of D2 or the orientation, so I installed another 4148 (silk-screen actually shows cathode on both ends...) in series with D1.
All of the resistors, except for R2/3/12/13, were turned dark green due to heat (originally bright blue). All resistors were still within tollerance, but I decided to replace them all, along with both fets and the lone transistor.

I am pretty sure the taps for C4/5 on the primary are shown wrong on the schematic, but it should still give a good idea.

1N5245B = 15V zener

Attachments

• sub10.jpg
    sub10.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 365
jtkraj said:
I did not get what do you want...

What I wanted was an opinion on why it still doesn't work, and possibly why. As the title says, I have been unable to repair it so far.

adi109cj said:
Diode D2 it is an 32V Diac used for turn on the smps at power on.

Thank you, I will try replacing it once I order some parts. I guess the diac symbol would explain the double cathode on the silkscreen.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.