IR2110 question (help me)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
The first limiting factor is chip heating. The second one is switching times.

Do some research on MOSFET/IGBT gate charge and the calculations related.

The amount of heat produced inside the IR2110 will depend on supply voltage, operating frequency and total gate charge. Switching times are directly related to gate charge too.

The datasheet contains plots of chip temperature increase versus operating frequency for various reference MOSFET models.

You don't need to use both necessarily.

Using the IR2110 shutdown will give you an almost immediate response, and is very good for instantaneous over-current protections for example. However, if you release the shutdown, the IR2110 does not control the switch-on of the converter as a whole.

The SG3525 shutdown may be a bit slower, but just a bit. When the shutdown condition is removed, the SG3525 will come back "more clean" than the IR2110.

Of course, it depends on how you intend to use the shutdown, I recommend you just pull the IR2110 shutdown to ground and only use the SG.

The tricky bit is the risk of an "intermediate" switch-on of the High side driver. If you have been unable to switch the low side on first, you may end up with insufficient energy in the bootstrap supply. The high side driver is then not able to achieve full saturation in the mosfet.

My application was a synchronous rectified boost, and the intermediate failure led to a reversed current in the switching node, killing the two mosfets and the gate driver. The solution was to force the driver to switch on the low side first, allowing the bootstrap to charge up before switching the high side.

SMPS picture

Hi SMPS builders

This is my SMPS. 13.8V, 75A, Only 0.1V of voltage fall.

Thanks for all.

Sandro.

Attachments

• fonte chaveada1.jpg
    fonte chaveada1.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 1,462
Mr. EWorkshop1708

Hi Mr. EWorkshop1708

Thank you very much. I'm so happy with your comments, ok?

There is two 2 in. outer diameter toroid cores one up other. 19 turns primary winding and 3 + 3 turns secondary winding (blue wire). I like it. It's so strong, no voltage fall in my power test with 0.18 Ohms resistor (76.6A).
About the cooler in the heat sink I think it's no necessary because the IRFP460 stay "ice", only the diodes heatsink stay warm.

REgards

Sandro

ANOTHER SMPS

Hi Dears

This is another SMPS. It's "factory" look :))
Only 25A in 13.6V. (127VAC input).

It's my "baby". Good for HAM activity, it can to supply HF rigs like ICOM IC706MKIIG, Yaesu FT-840, and others 100W TX.

Bye
Sandro

Attachments

• ir7 (cópia).jpg
    ir7 (cópia).jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 1,411
Reactions: 1 user
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.