Paid Member

Attachments

• Snap 2013-05-13 at 05.03.18.png
    Snap 2013-05-13 at 05.03.18.png
    10.4 KB · Views: 470
diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member
I failed both! :) it wasn't clear to me the PCB marking, but not blaming anyone as it seems I was the only one who did this
Ale

I will ask Crt to mark it more intuitively for the future when I will catch up with him and he has some time. Interestingly nobody reported so for missing the C1 placing, but its mainly because they use longer capacitors is my guess. Thanks for the feedback, very nice website you got BTW.

I will ask Crt to mark it more intuitively for the future when I will catch up with him and he has some time. Interestingly nobody reported so for missing the C1 placing, but its mainly because they use longer capacitors is my guess. Thanks for the feedback, very nice website you got BTW.

Thanks for the feedback. My intuition led me to place it centred given the multiple holes.
Cheers,
Ale

SSHV2 temp drift

I recently purchased and assembled a kit from Tea-Bag. Is there any likely suspects when the sshv2 is slowly decreasing in voltage as it warms up? My heatsink is more than adequate, and I have another sshv2 that has been stable in operation for over 6mos. It seems to be temp dependent, since I can blow around the board and get the voltage to drop or stop dropping for a moment. I may have zapped a device on assembly?

Also, after it has been dropped in voltage a lot (say 5 or 10 minutes), it will begin to swing more wildly. I can compensate for the drop by turning the voltage adjustment trimmer.