Simplistic MosFET HV Shunt Regs

Advise is you will need a transformer with two discrete same secondaries, i.e. 4 wires not 3 to make the two positive regs configuration. Milliamps and Volts is whatever your application specifies plus 20mA for the regs. Double that to be royal if you can. Keep in mind about AC*1.33 real DC value to expect after rectification. Make sure it will allow 20V headroom to the regulators.

Sorry for my equivocation,
Two transformers Hammond model 369AX, 40 Va Power and 250V and 115miliamperios SEC.
I was wrong with a transformer I have for other applications.

Best Regards.

Those will give ~330VDC with solid state bridge rectification and loaded by the reg's CCS.
You should consider enough RC to drop about 100V @ CCS current consideration level before the regs for your +/-200V that I saw on your posted drawing.
True, but he could also use another model 363AX, that is 200V 115 Milliamp, and once past the bridge rectifier would give us about 280V.
This model would be more advisable?

If you will test with the bleeder installed plus one 10K that will indicate 42mA capability at the voltage it will settle. If that will be 285V or more, remove both resistors, connect the reg and set it to 40mA. install a 150K 2W bleeder if you got or get one to install later where the 22K was for capacitor bank exposed legs to be HV safe after turn off.
I measured last night, with a 22K/50W parallel with one 10K/50W, the voltage across was 286V on start up; and went to 288V after 3-5 minutes (the 10K also gets a bit hot).

Next week, I will remove the 22K and the 10K, and connect to test the SSHV2....

Could you please explain how you can calculate and predict that when I remove one 10K from the dummy load I used before, that we will get 286V??

Cheers,

King

If it will stay then at least +10V than output for 50mA CCS at your lowest mains expected, don't modify it.

Final testing of new PSU with 150K bleeder only. V out = 377V

Attachments

• P1140155.jpg
    P1140155.jpg
    387.1 KB · Views: 265