Simplistic MosFET HV Shunt Regs

Joined 2009
Paid Member
I simulated with PSUDII, can't get me simulate open new window:

"a current sink has pulled the voltage below 0 for more than 5 mains cycles, at time 0,100038S"

If I press anyway OK button open other new window:

"the rectifier IFRM (current forward repetitive maximum) of 0,75A has been exceed with a value of 1,25A, at time 2,181013S"

Last edited:
diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member
Merlin calm down, without load tube rectifiers with chokes also shoot higher. How much is normal in your situation I don't know. There you have a full preamp, Rod's design. Here we know nothing but the reg. Reg works back, fortunately no damage. I would make test suggestions but it is not appropriate to start reverse engineering that when Rod is active and helps you. The schematic you posted does not even have voltages on it.

Joined 2009
Paid Member
pic

Mufollower2.jpg

ccs resistor value

Hi,

What is the right resistor value in order to set ccs of my salas HV shunt reg for a current value of about 30 mA ?
I would supply two #26 at 5,5 mA max each. I have two 30 ma choke on HV line in a c-l-c-l-c configuration and would not saturate them . As I also have other two spare similar 30 ma choke, can I put them in parallel in order to increase max current value?

Thanks for your helps!

Anto