Simplistic MosFET HV Shunt Regs

diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member
Xmas Works

Found a series of photos in my email today when I casually checked well after Christmas dinner. Was from Tea-Bag with no comments, only a title word: Works.

Thanks Mike, good surprise! Merry Christmas to you and to everybody.:santa3:

Attachments

• photo(4).JPG
    photo(4).JPG
    131.1 KB · Views: 811
Joined 2006
Paid Member
Put that bugger together in less than 24 hours, including sleep, two bouts of shopping, visitors, etc.
If I can put it together so quick, with no smoke or fire, the project qualifies as beginner I say.
The IRF840 puts off some heat!
Now the tube pre to go with it I am sure will take some time, even on a piece of wood as above. I have not worked with a tube in 10 years.

Last edited:
Joined 2006
Paid Member
Congratulations Mike, will be a new GB for pcbs?

Merry Christmas for all diyers
Felipe

That's the idea, but I would prefer a few more builds before we set the gerber in stone. There are a few extra boards traveling the globe. The KSAs are not really warm after running forever, but that is in a cold basement. The easiest to work with, if needed, are the clip on TO-220 one's, kinda makes it look like a shield in front of the cap.
Some of the wrap around HS seem to crowd out the component below. I have a number of different one's I tried.

Attachments

• worksSSHV2.JPG
    worksSSHV2.JPG
    137.2 KB · Views: 798
  • SSHV2Works3.JPG
    SSHV2Works3.JPG
    317.1 KB · Views: 777
Last edited:
diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member
That's the idea, but I would prefer a few more builds before we set the gerber in stone. There are a few extra boards traveling the globe. The KSAs are not really warm after running forever, but that is in a cold basement. The easiest to work with, if needed, are the clip on TO-220 one's, kinda makes it look like a shield in front of the cap.
Some of the wrap around HS seem to crowd out the component below. I have a number of different one's I tried.

Mini-sinks should not touch each other in any circumstance. Post #2079 had a link with enough narrow width and short depth types for TO-126 transistors. http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/powe...tic-mosfet-hv-shunt-regs-208.html#post2806454