Simplistic Mosfet HV Shunt Regs - Page 378 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Power Supplies

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 21st January 2013, 11:34 AM   #3771
massimo is offline massimo  Italy
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Milan, Italy
Felipe, if I were you I'd rather use a pair of Galaxy Maggiorato (8 cm high). More space inside and alu sides big enough for Coleman's regs and SSHV2 (I think)
That's what I'm planning to use

P.S. La Porxada, is that a nice place for tapas?

Last edited by massimo; 21st January 2013 at 11:37 AM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 21st January 2013, 12:10 PM   #3772
diyAudio Member
 
merlin el mago's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Catalonia - Europe
Thanks for advice Massimo, my mistake I ordered Galaxy in place of Galaxy Maggiorato, fortunately I can use the 2nd box for 4P1L preamp so I have to buy the 8 cm high.
  Reply With Quote
Old 21st January 2013, 12:13 PM   #3773
Salas is offline Salas  Greece
diyAudio Chief Moderator
 
Salas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Athens-Greece
The HIFI2000 website needs revision to more intuitive and comprehensive IMHO.
  Reply With Quote
Old 21st January 2013, 12:16 PM   #3774
massimo is offline massimo  Italy
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Milan, Italy
You can just buy the missing pieces, if you wish. Basically you keep the top and bottom cover and buy front/rear panels and a couple of sides.
The galaxy 4 cm is sometime a bit too slim even for solid state projects. That's why I keep on asking them to design a 6 cm high galaxy series, nearly perfect for everything
  Reply With Quote
Old 21st January 2013, 03:46 PM   #3775
diyAudio Member
 
Triodethom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Newnan GA
Quote:
Originally Posted by massimo View Post
You can just buy the missing pieces, if you wish. Basically you keep the top and bottom cover and buy front/rear panels and a couple of sides.
The galaxy 4 cm is sometime a bit too slim even for solid state projects. That's why I keep on asking them to design a 6 cm high galaxy series, nearly perfect for everything
It may be because of the standard rack mount spacing that you get the 4cm high . the 6cm is odd at 1.5 rack space so a 8cm is more likely to happen . Or at least that what it looks like to me.
  Reply With Quote
Old 21st January 2013, 07:01 PM   #3776
diyAudio Member
 
merlin el mago's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Catalonia - Europe
Thank you for the advice Massimo but it is not worth still having me with free pieces. I am going to ask for a new box with 8 cm of height but first of all tomorrow I have to check if the 8cm tall will be enough for 1 power tx for B+, 1 choke, 1 tx for AZ1 filaments and 2 txs for Rod Coleman heaters regs.
  Reply With Quote
Old 21st January 2013, 07:11 PM   #3777
massimo is offline massimo  Italy
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Milan, Italy
Not inside, I dare say. I put the pw Xfrm (HV + Rectifier Fil) and the choke on the top and the two big Xfrms for Rod's reg inside. Then I have rooms for all the caps.

Going to take some pics when I'll have time.
  Reply With Quote
Old 21st January 2013, 07:15 PM   #3778
massimo is offline massimo  Italy
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Milan, Italy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Triodethom View Post
It may be because of the standard rack mount spacing that you get the 4cm high . the 6cm is odd at 1.5 rack space so a 8cm is more likely to happen . Or at least that what it looks like to me.
You're obviously right, but I once (well, twice) made a 6 cm high Galaxy milling the front and rear panels and it looks nice.
  Reply With Quote
Old 21st January 2013, 07:26 PM   #3779
diyAudio Member
 
merlin el mago's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Catalonia - Europe
Quote:
Originally Posted by massimo View Post
Not inside, I dare say. I put the pw Xfrm (HV + Rectifier Fil) and the choke on the top and the two big Xfrms for Rod's reg inside. Then I have rooms for all the caps.

Going to take some pics when I'll have time.
Yes I count to put all txs outside, but my mains power tx for B+ is a Bartolucci double C-Core & choke is also Bartolucci so both are big & heavy, I will post some pics tomorrow.

Salas sorry for OT.

Massimo if you want we will follows by pm or email.

Cheers
  Reply With Quote
Old 21st January 2013, 08:45 PM   #3780
diyAudio Member
 
Triodethom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Newnan GA
Quote:
Originally Posted by massimo View Post
You're obviously right, but I once (well, twice) made a 6 cm high Galaxy milling the front and rear panels and it looks nice.
It may just come down to how many it takes to have them make 1.5 rack types. That not that a strange size after all 2 of them would be 3 rack space tall . Keep at them and I hope you are successful.
  Reply With Quote

Reply


Hide this!Advertise here!
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Regs - Shunt vs Series richie00boy Solid State 42 14th March 2013 06:45 PM


New To Site? Need Help?

All times are GMT. The time now is 04:33 PM.


vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright 1999-2014 diyAudio

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2