Simplistic Mosfet HV Shunt Regs - Page 307 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Power Supplies

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 3rd June 2012, 10:03 PM   #3061
Salas is online now Salas  Greece
diyAudio Chief Moderator

Try again for the pic. Go advanced, manage attachments, browse, upload. See it in current attachments list first, then submit reply.
Old 3rd June 2012, 10:09 PM   #3062
diyAudio Chief Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOIMONF View Post
This powers a pair ECC81, on a buffer stage, eating 225v./60mA.
I placed a dummy load resistor: 13k7/8w.
And expect to fix 800mV. on TP but never got start the module.
With your high drop near 100V and 80mA the CCS will have to dissipate 8W! Is your PCB sink capable? Lower drop drastically with capable CRC or RC alone. Your dummy will need to be 3K7 20W. Its stressed everywhere I am afraid as you did till now. Also check insulation of Mosfets. Its possible that you hit its input hard with 2X320VAC Tx before it conducts any current for the CRC to drop some.

P.S. ECC81 eating 60mA??? Is there solid state also there?
Old 3rd June 2012, 10:45 PM   #3063
JOIMONF is offline JOIMONF  Spain
diyAudio Member

I try to upload the picture again:
Click the image to open in full size.
Old 3rd June 2012, 10:53 PM   #3064
diyAudio Member

I think now succed:
Click the image to open in full size.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg escaner final a valvules JD-402 modificat reduit.jpg (38.9 KB, 514 views)
Old 3rd June 2012, 11:28 PM   #3065
diyAudio Member

I place the original 47k resistor between caps, but surprise only one volt drop.
From 325 to 324v to be exact.
I don't know how to further down voltage here.
And concerning the 60mA consumtion, I remember to measure something as 0.06A with my cheap multimeter. But again not very confident with anything, I am a beguinner here.
Tubes are a pair of good sounding Brimar 6060 "T"yellow logo, I think these are audiophiles ECC81. Nothing more.
Old 3rd June 2012, 11:50 PM   #3066
diyAudio Chief Moderator

Quote:
I think now succed:
OK. Its a typical CRC. Take out C13 C14 and C20. That is we will try RC input to tame down the high 320VAC transformer. Its capable of 425VDC on C input even with losses. Sure that your buffer needs 60mA and not 6mA? Two ECC81 sounds like 6mA to me if there is nothing extra eating power.
If 6mA, use R1 2.7K 10W, set reg for 0.3V on TP, 37K 5W dummy.
If 60mA load, use R1 1K 20W, set reg for 0.8V on TP, 3K7 20W dummy.
Use 1uF plastic 400V directly across reg input if you got long cable from rectification or some other small value.
Old 3rd June 2012, 11:52 PM   #3067
diyAudio Chief Moderator

Quote:
I place the original 47k resistor between caps, but surprise only one volt drop.
From 325 to 324v to be exact.
I don't know how to further down voltage here.
And concerning the 60mA consumtion, I remember to measure something as 0.06A with my cheap multimeter. But again not very confident with anything, I am a beguinner here.
Tubes are a pair of good sounding Brimar 6060 "T"yellow logo, I think these are audiophiles ECC81. Nothing more.
Its you got no consumption yet, thus no drop. Please measure that 0.06A again or better show here the buffer schematic.
Quote:
There is 320v on secondaries,
Also is your Tx really 320VAC if you measure AC on its output? (be careful). If you talk DC after bridge by mistake then we have to keep C13 and use only 10W 2K7 or 1K R1.
Old 4th June 2012, 05:18 PM   #3068
diyAudio Member

I am not very confident to be able powering on the unit again as stock. I failed once and do not wants to repair. So sorry, no further reading the consumtion.
Attached is schemantic, the tube section on Jolida tube tuner 402.
Blue marker shows deleted components as no need for gain stage. Active components are only two tubes 12AT7.
Then the power transformer, I unplug the secondary winding and read AC 230v.
One queston more please, I have as spare three good PIO capacitors ASC brand, also called "oil can" values 10, 10 and 30uF. I think these ae wonderful for tube power supplies, may I substitute the litlle lytics 100uF that come in stock?
Also I have spare double C choke 10H/160mA. Do is SSHV2 benefit from these further smoothing?
Old 4th June 2012, 05:19 PM   #3069
diyAudio Member

Ja jaa, I miss again the attachment!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg buffer JD-402.jpg (87.3 KB, 171 views)
Old 4th June 2012, 06:13 PM   #3070
diyAudio Chief Moderator

If you delete that section then there is no reference and blocking for the next section. Also that last parallel 12AT7 section can not normally draw 60mA when rightly put together. That would be KT88 class A territory. Its wrong what you do I am afraid. SSHV2 alone you can test on dummy load with the 6mA standard and the associated guide for ~320VDC CRC and load I had given above. It will like PIO and choke also. But you should keep R1 for proper drop whatever the final pre-filter. Since I see many aspects not well defined in what you try to put together, I suggest you seek local help from some tube expert fellow so to convert and test for a correct standalone buffer and to set the reg safely for it. HV needs caution. Also watch the insulation and input safety of cheap DMM when measuring HV especially in series. I don't recommend you proceed alone, there are many weak points in the plan already and the reg reacting with smoke is a bad sign.

Hide this!Advertise here!