Simplistic Mosfet HV Shunt Regs - Page 280 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Power Supplies

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 23rd February 2012, 01:25 AM   #2791
Salas is online now Salas  Greece
diyAudio Chief Moderator

Could be oscillating with the probe touch.
Old 23rd February 2012, 01:29 AM   #2792
diyAudio Chief Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphaigor View Post
Yes it is SSHV1.I will try to get some decent pictures in the morning if you are still interested...
Will be nice, and the rectifiers descriptions were informative. I use 5AR4/GZ34 as indirect heated one and it has a good balance but 5V heated. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1FJ31Id3GTQ
Old 23rd February 2012, 03:09 AM   #2793
diyAudio Member

Good news. Found the problem. It was a broken trace. My main issue with diy pcb's is toughness of the board. Just so happens that i figured out by chance that the filament was not fried, but the regulator instead. Now i got an extra set of tubes Thanks Salas
Old 23rd February 2012, 03:34 AM   #2794
diyAudio Chief Moderator

So now both HV and heater CCS are fully working on both channels? And you could listen to some notes?
Old 23rd February 2012, 09:40 AM   #2795
diyAudio Member

Will be listening for first time tonight.
Old 23rd February 2012, 09:44 AM   #2796
diyAudio Chief Moderator

Did you also revise the correct wiring to force & sensing nodes on the pre-amp, gnd, etc?
Old 23rd February 2012, 09:47 AM   #2797
diyAudio Member

All is good, i think. I do have about .500mV across each input channel. This is what is dropping across 100k pull down resistor, correct. So it is essenially nothing in terms of actual current. Ill take pic along with new goodies.
Old 23rd February 2012, 10:36 AM   #2798
diyAudio Member

Don't you ever sleep? Realized with one o fmy pics, I still have a problem with B+ on front tube. No blue glow. This is the channel with broken trace. I think i have another one somewhere that i have to find. The rectifier tube is Winged C 5u4g black plate. HEHEHEHE. Cans are 40uF. Since i am going to be putting all this in seperate case, i may get more capacitance as it only cost $6 a can. Side note, most simulations i have done show two smaller chokes being more capable than one large in prefilter. Any advice or warnings on this. Do two chokes create more noise or possiblity for ringing.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Copy of DSC_0072.JPG (760.2 KB, 321 views)

Last edited by buzzforb; 23rd February 2012 at 10:43 AM.
Old 23rd February 2012, 11:05 AM   #2799
diyAudio Chief Moderator

No sleep till Brooklyn. He, he. 5U4G accepts 40uF on CLC max. CLCLC is even better. What do you mean by no blue glow? That one is about electrons hitting glass impurities, there i some in a few tubes, no in others, depends on making process quality, but no consequences in tube life. You can measure steady regulated DC on both plate resistors, same drop on plates, yes?

See how they used to make them BTW:
Mullard Valves - The Blackburn Story - Part 2 - Parts Of A Valve - YouTube
Mullard Valves - The Blackburn Story - Part 3 - How A Valve is Manufactured - YouTube
Mullard Valves - The Blackburn Story - Part 4 - How A Valve is Manufactured - YouTube
Mullard Valves - The Blackburn Story - Part 5 - How A Valve is Manufactured - YouTube
Mullard Valves - The Blackburn Story - Part 6 - How A Valve is Manufactured - YouTube
Old 23rd February 2012, 11:08 AM   #2800
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salas View Post
No sleep till Brooklyn. He, he. 5U4G accepts 40uF on CLC max. CLCLC is even better. What do you mean by no blue glow? That one is about electrons hitting glass impurities, there i some in a few tubes, no in others, depends on making process quality, but no consequences in tube life. You can measure steady regulated DC on both plate resistors, same drop on plates, yes?

See how they used to make them BTW:
Mullard Valves - The Blackburn Story - Part 2 - Parts Of A Valve - YouTube
Mullard Valves - The Blackburn Story - Part 3 - How A Valve is Manufactured - YouTube
Mullard Valves - The Blackburn Story - Part 4 - How A Valve is Manufactured - YouTube
Mullard Valves - The Blackburn Story - Part 5 - How A Valve is Manufactured - YouTube
Mullard Valves - The Blackburn Story - Part 6 - How A Valve is Manufactured - YouTube
You talking 40uF for first C in CLC or total? NO blue gloe with these is an idiciation of B+. Was glowing blue last night when my son and I sat in the dark and looked at the pretty lights.

Hide this!Advertise here!