Simplistic MosFET HV Shunt Regs

Hi i have an queastion. It is posible to run salas hv 2 on 420-430v dc raw and 400vdc out on 20mA (+ 20mA self consumption). like we see firs caoacitor is on 630v , and it is before irf840 where we have fullraw dc, secondcap(10uf) is behind irf where we have adjusted out dc.These cap is on 400vdc. Please help .

I have just compared two shunt regulators from K and K Audio (based on the SSHV1 if I understand it correctly) and two SSHV2's in my 1541A DAC where it supplies B+ to plate chokes in a D3a tube based output stage. The difference was staggering. With the SSHV2's in place the sound gained openness, dimentionality, presence and overall fidelity. In fact everything was better - much better.

Thank you Salas (and Tea-bag)!

diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member
I have just compared two shunt regulators from K and K Audio (based on the SSHV1 if I understand it correctly) and two SSHV2's in my 1541A DAC where it supplies B+ to plate chokes in a D3a tube based output stage. The difference was staggering. With the SSHV2's in place the sound gained openness, dimentionality, presence and overall fidelity. In fact everything was better - much better.

Thank you Salas (and Tea-bag)!

You are welcome :up:

I don't know how that reg is modded or executed, I had not consulted it, and I had never seen it in the flesh. Says "The shunt regulator circuit is similar to that originally developed by Salas". From what other I read in their website it combines a cascoded current source, that's topologically similar to SSHV2, and a parallel topology that looks similar to SSHV1 from eyeballing its photo.

Joined 2009
Paid Member
Salas, do you know how much current I have to set the CCS for attached schematic?

TIA
Felipe

Attachments

• 6sn7_cf.gif
    6sn7_cf.gif
    7.1 KB · Views: 298