Simplistic MosFET HV Shunt Regs

diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member
This is supposed to be a DIY site.....(not a commercial site).....where we exchange knowledge...and what we learn (most of what we learn could be said to be copyright...) .......can we not exchange that knowledge of ours (we do spend the time and money to learn that "copyright" knowledge).......

This is a diy site and the Morgan Jones book is a protected publication. Two different things. He decides if and what to freely share, not us. This stands for all of us members for that matter.

Please explain....

Humor is allowed here.....I guess.....

We say "the Royal We", as in "We are not amused"...

Alex

This is a famous quotation attributed to Queen Victoria (though disputed). The interpretation is that royalty have the prerogative to use the plural to describe themselves, rather than the singular.

Similarly, Margaret Thatcher, on the birth of her first grandchild, announced "We are a grandmother".

Alex

roger.....would you share the CCS heater circuit you mentioned please....

Maybe it' s copyright protected. Be careful.

Hi King,

I think vgeorge is correct. As much as I'd like to I cannot copy a page from the book and post it here, it's clearly a copyright violation. You might check a library and ask them to bring in a copy, or just buy one. It's worth the $$$.

Kingjoy, just a comment here. Please take this in the spirit it is intended.
Like you, most all of us here started out with little knowledge in electronics and/or vacuum tubes, and had to start learning somewhere. Much of what's discussed here requires a basic understanding of electronics, i.e., Ohms law, current flow, basic circuit analysis and in general, basic tube and/or transistor characteristics. If you don't get the answer you're expecting, it seems you get a bit frustrated. I think it's because your questions seem to have an underlying foundation of not knowing the basics. When you put those kinds of questions out, or better yet, before you do, make an effort to formulate your question in such a way that if not applicable directly to this thread, then "how, or where can I get this information"? People on these threads give their time generously and in the good spirit of helping each other. Sometimes there's a bit of sarcasm, snideness or even condescending, but no matter, always respond with politeness and someone will answer your question.
Even though I have a background in electronics, I knew little about this thread's topic ( current shunt regulators) in the great detail that the thread's moderator (salas) does...but, it took a while to read the threads, look at the schematics, and ask many questions and build boards. It's been fun but at times...painful. But then learning cab be that way.

Please enjoy your time on this thread and....be thankful to all who try and help you.

Gary

Last edited: