Simplistic MosFET HV Shunt Regs

diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member
Will the SSHSV2 design in the latest group buy be able to produce a negative supply voltage as above with some parts changes?

Thanks

Possibly in p2p for one, not on the positive board, but I haven't looked into it because I prefer this scheme, which is anti ground loop also:

Attachments

• DBsymPSUs.jpg
    DBsymPSUs.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 562
The scondaries should be correlated.
No.
the dual secondaries of a transformer are isolated. They are not "correlated". The dual secondary transformer creates two independent supplies.
These two supplies are then connected at some common point.

Using two transformers, each with an isolated secondary, achieves the same dual supplies that can be connected at some point.

diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member
No.
the dual secondaries of a transformer are isolated. They are not "correlated". The dual secondary transformer creates two independent supplies.
These two supplies are then connected at some common point.

Using two transformers, each with an isolated secondary, achieves the same dual supplies that can be connected at some point.

All to the better then because even single secondary spare transformers can be used. Although somehow I had this differently registered in mind, I hope its exactly the same as with a common primary as I have only seen it in builds. This uses more components, and losses are higher because of the extra diodes, but this scheme offers easier ground management. It's easier to keep the large charging current pulses away from the system ground.