spike from SG3525

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
hi all

I am designing a half- bridge SMPS with SG3525, but im facing some problem here.

when my high side mosfet turns on there is a spike at the low side mosfet. this spike increases as the Vac is increases say from 50Vac to 100 Vac.

Attached is the signal from the that goes to the gate of both the mosfet.

IS this normal..

Attachments

• signal1.jpg
    signal1.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 277
This is not just a spike, this is ringing, a sign of bad PCB layout and decoupling. Furthermore, what you see in the oscilloscope is not only the voltage waveform at the measurement point but also the EMI picked up by the probe, particularly the common-mode component.

jegandren said:
The load that i applied is very low bout 0.08A..

perhaps the ringing effect might cause by the transformer part, because i connect long wires from PCB to transformer...i never include it in the PCB...

Eva -- correct me on this if I am wrong -- but I believe that you have about inductance of 10 nanoHenries per centimeter -- so any part of the layout which isn't compact adds significant impedance and energy storage.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.