laying out dual output push-pull transformer?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I am in the process of deciding how to wind the ETD29 transformer for my center-tapped push-pull smps. The transformer will have two center-tapped primaries, and two center-tapped secondaries.

I guess the windings should be laid from the coilformer and up as: SPPS since only one primary conducts current at a time, while both secondaries carry current simultaneously (full-bridge rectification), and I want to minimize inductive energy storage between the windings.

The real question is how I should place the ends of the windings on the coil former, since each winding-half is calculated to fill one entire layer of the coil former, I cant get around having the (C) end of the primaries on the opposite side compared to the transistor-ends (A and B), the same goes for the secondaries, where S1 and S2 each fill one entire layer.

I have illustrated this in a sketch: http://wintermute.csbnet.se/~zilog/pushpull_ee_smps.jpg

Any suggestions as how to do this better? I would prefer to have all connections to the primaries on one side of the coil former, and all that belong to the secondaries on the other side, to give a clean separation of the smps in an input and an output half .

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.