Having trouble finding suitable fuses

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hey all.

I'm currently working on the power supply for my F3 amplifier, but am having trouble sourcing the appropriate fuses. As per the schematic, the recommended fuse is a 1.25A slowblow for a 240V primary.

My psu is going to be dual mono, so the plan was (is), to have a 2.5A slow blow fuse near the IEC inlet, then a softstart circuit, then a 1.25A slowblow per transformer.

Problem is, all I've been able to find are 1.25A fast blow, and "anti-surge" fuses. Are anti-surge fuses equivalent to slo-blow fuses ? Can I use a fast-blow considering there's already a softstart (not too keen on that one)?

The transformers are each 300VA, and there's 66000uF (33000uF, 2.2mH inductor, 33000uF) for each transformer.

I'll appreciate any input. It's taken me ages to finally get everything organised, and I definitely don't want to make any mistakes as far as fuses go !

Anti-surge fuses are a good choice. They can widthstand a 10 times greater current for approx. 10 milliseconds. So they act as a slow-blow fuse.
If you use two 300VA toroid transformers you barely need a softstart for those 'suckers' based on the high inrush current (depending on the moment they make contact to the mains voltage). And with this high capacitiv load (of 66000µF) you bet it will trigger the 'big' fuse in the fuse box of your house.
Consider to use two independent softstarts for each transformer. This way you need only two fuses for the 'final' safety stage instead of three as you mentioned for your setup. There's no need for 'double-fusing' the same circuit.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.