where to start to build an SMPS

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
planet10

MJL21193 can see, why cannot you? Try to collect free modern software from internet to cope up with modern advancement. We will not write anything in this Forum basing on the shortcomings of your obsolete Browser. Why unnecessarily you bring forward the thing which is already settled as said by Ashok? Please, keep up the pace with modern tech. and allow us to concentrate on the Power Supply topic.

Thanks.

Cal Weldon

You have written," I am trying trying to offend." Probably it is mistakenly written or you don't have proper command on English, because a Moderator can not do that. This is a Multinational Forum and being a Moderator, you must be careful when you are committing something in black and white.

Thanks.

S.G. Mahbub,
You are correct. It is visible and readable in Mozilla Firefox 2.0.5 and above and in Internet Explorer 6 and above. When I was in U.S.A., I could see it clearly. Probably those who argue, they use obsolete version and please advice them to copy this in Microsoft word and see what is written if they are unable to use latest versions.

I also planning to use sig with Bengali meaning.

With thanks.

frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
golam said:
planet10

MJL21193 can see, why cannot you? Try to collect free modern software from internet to cope up with modern advancement. We will not write anything in this Forum basing on the shortcomings of your obsolete Browser.

Please don't presume to judge the software running on my computer.

All my browsers (i have a primary & 3 backups) are up-to-date & modern (i just updated my Firefox to 3.0.1 and i still get goobledegook).

IE ism't available on my platform, and i figure you are putting your life (or your computer's) at stake running it.

dave

Ideas are money if they can be used on ground.
বাস্তবে ব্যবহারযোগ্য চিন্তাধারাই মানুষের প্রকৃত সম্পদ।

I`m don't preformed any special setup or installed special charsters sets to my PC, just these that coming on WinXP installation CD. But I clearly see the text of S.G. Mahbub signature...

Tahmid,

The first line of my signature is not in hebrew, it's in russian.

It is well known that browsers are flaky, and the characters displayed may be in error dependent on the locale (Windows term) of the host machine, or other factors.

I can see Bengali signatures on this machine, but not Cyrillic.

On my machine at home I can see Cyrillic.

Members should exercise some tolerance with respect to other members expressions of their individuality, and be aware that the posters may not appreciate that their tags do not display correctly on all machines.

Many people here are pursuing their interest in electronics in a second language. This is to be applauded not derided.

Surely we can find something less trivial to argue about. Power supplies perhaps?

w

Getting back to the topic -- Sanjaya Maniktala over at National Semi has written several application notes and power points on SMPS and the magnetics therein, readable, sometimes humorous. He also has 2 books on the topic, but they are pretty expensive. You might find a copy of Pressman's "Switching Power Supply Design" in a university library.

The folks at Linear Tech have some switcher chips which modify the slew rate == you trade off efficiency for lower noise.

The first time I built an SMPS was 10 years ago and it knocked out every a.m. radio in the house. If someone with a pacemaker had been nearby they would have been tachycardia city.

golam said:
Cal Weldon

You have written," I am trying trying to offend." Probably it is mistakenly written or you don't have proper command on English, because a Moderator can not do that. This is a Multinational Forum and being a Moderator, you must be careful when you are committing something in black and white.

Thanks.

Thanks for the advice. Ever consider just asking if it was a typo or do you feel it's necessary to offer such words of wisdom?

If you wish to discuss this further please contact me via email.

Dear jegandren,

The books refered by jackinnj are useful and those will certainly help you. When jackinnj built his first SMPS 10 years before, then helping material was very less and now the scenario is completely different and you can get lot of information from internet and from different Forum, E Books etc. and those are free. Just keep on trying to learn and apply on ground and you will be successful. Man can do what Men have done.
With thanks.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.