suggestions for new power supply transformer

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Disabled Account
Joined 2002
Hello,
Currently i am searching for a new power transformer ( high voltage windings only for 5r4gyb) for a new to build choke-input power supply. Probably 850-0-850 volt and some branches on the lower side) I did find a company that can make one like the picture in the attachment where the primary is on one side and the broader part will be for the secondary windings. Because of this no static shield will be required if i am correct? Maybe a magnetic shield because this will not raise the cost just 2 euro probably. The 2.5-0-2.5 will be on a seperate transformer to allow the filaments to read operating temperature and assure longer life for the rectifier. Should i add another winding for a tube that could replace the 5r4gyb if there are any? Total current will be around 90 milliampere. Will this kind of transformer be less sensitive to hash comming from the mains compared to double c-core,and toriodal ones? Will isolation paper applied at the secondary side between each layer have a negative or positive influence on the sound? Usually this is done for safety only but the transformers power rating will laregely exceed its actual power consumption. Any suggestions are welcome. Many thanks in advance, Eduard

Attachments

• img_0144.jpg
    img_0144.jpg
    5.2 KB · Views: 87
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.