Advise on replacement transformer

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have purchased a power amp from the united states , an adcom gfa 5800 which was not duel voltage, i was unable to purchase a replacement from adcom , so i have had one manufactured here in the united kingdom, to work from our voltage 230v input.
the first one which was made had a short on it which i was told may have been caused by someone in the factry dropping it?? this caused a resistor and a couple of transistors to blow.
i sent this bak to them , and have recieved the replacemet. this should produce 81v per side , a total of 162v,checked from the service manual and the old transformer powered from a step down transformer, however the new one actually produces 172v . should i send it back again, of should this work satisfactoraly. Your help and advise would be most welcome.

Adrian

Hi,
what was the voltage of the open circuited transformer and the mains voltage at the time of the measurement.
What is the DC voltage of the PSU with the amplifier properly biased up? Again what is the mains voltage at the time of the measurement.
What are the typical range of voltages on the PSU when you are working the amp hard? and again what is the range of mains voltages during this measurement period?

Now tell us if the transformer is the wrong voltage from what you specified.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.