diyAudio

diyAudio (http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/)
-   Power Supplies (http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/power-supplies/)
-   -   Super Regs (http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/power-supplies/122243-super-regs.html)

underwurlde 30th April 2008 02:58 PM

Super Regs

Hello,

What is the 'latest' thinking in the world of SuperRegs?
Any DIY I can follow please?

Cheers,

Andy

jcx 30th April 2008 03:13 PM

didn't a forum search turn up enough reading?

cuibono 30th April 2008 03:40 PM

yeah, there is tons of info on this site. You might be interested in Andy L Weaks Super Reg. Look for ALWSR on this site and audiocircle.com. He has a webpage with lots of info..

underwurlde 30th April 2008 07:51 PM

Yes, I have searched this forum & have spent many hours wading through all of the great info herein.

But therein lies my problem & hence the (all be it) leading question: There is just SO much information.

So, yes, I did eventually end up at Andy Weake's excellent website, and stepped through his progressivly better SuperReg pages...

... only to get right to the end ...

... to the best design ...

... and bosh! Missing diagrams!

Arrrggh. I guess he may have taken this final design off as he now sells them commercially?

Any 'up to date' pointers would therefore be much appreciated.

Andy

Zen Mod 30th April 2008 08:11 PM

for what you need "superreg" ?

SpittinLLama 30th April 2008 10:10 PM

I wonder how these super reg circuits would compare to using something like the LME49600 as a regulator. With 250mA there is enough current for preamp stages and stuff. See page 16 of the datasheet to see the circuits. Seems simple enough but would be wide bandwidth and fast compared to a simple linear regulator IC.

-SL

jackinnj 1st May 2008 01:26 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by SpittinLLama
I wonder how these super reg circuits would compare to using something like the LME49600 as a regulator. With 250mA there is enough current for preamp stages and stuff. See page 16 of the datasheet to see the circuits. Seems simple enough but would be wide bandwidth and fast compared to a simple linear regulator IC.

-SL

I've got my parts (LME49600 etc) and am going to compare to the Jung/Janneman etc boards from AX and my own PCB's with the AD797 and AD825.

The LME49600 only became available at DK and Future within the past few days.

SpittinLLama 1st May 2008 02:47 PM

Sounds like a fun project. If only I had more time I'd love to do some work into comparing bench numbers and then listening impressions of different power supply circuits. I have not tried the super regs and need to read up on them more.

-SL

peranders 12th May 2008 09:25 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by underwurlde
Yes, I have searched this forum & have spent many hours wading through all of the great info herein.

But therein lies my problem & hence the (all be it) leading question: There is just SO much information.

So, yes, I did eventually end up at Andy Weake's excellent website, and stepped through his progressivly better SuperReg pages...

... only to get right to the end ...

... to the best design ...

... and bosh! Missing diagrams!

Arrrggh. I guess he may have taken this final design off as he now sells them commercially?

Any 'up to date' pointers would therefore be much appreciated.

Andy

This is good
http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/showt...937&highlight=

40 Super regulator links Not everyone goes the classical super regulator.

peranders 12th May 2008 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by jackinnj

I've got my parts (LME49600 etc) and am going to compare to the Jung/Janneman etc boards from AX and my own PCB's with the AD797 and AD825.

The LME49600 only became available at DK and Future within the past few days.

Are you sure you mean the LME49600? This is a buffer.