2600w Smps

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
HI,
those transformers from the picture seems to look like those from computer power supply .
In fact most of the computer power supply are rated at 450w peak ,and a maximum of 250w .

In that picture are 8 transformers (8x250w=2000w).

---------------------------------------------------------------
sorry for my english

dexter2003 said:
I wont to built my smps with only one transformer and these because i want to minimize the space ....

WOW!!! 2.6kW from one toroid! :bigeyes:

Are you going to use a really ligh frequency and low primary turn count to make such power?

To get really big toroid cores:
http://www.cwsbytemark.com/prices/corepwr.php
(scroll to bottom)

They have a 5 inch, and also a 4 inch double height core, along with other sizes. Maybe if you use a LOT of THICK coil wire, and a HUGE core, you could make these work.

HI
EWorkshop1708
YES ,for this smps I will use an etd59...here is a picture http://www.metrafo.ro/poza_428044.html
THE core is not very expensive they only cost about 6$ each ,for the imput capacitor bank i will use 4X460uf/420v ,and 4xirf450 these all will cost about 50usd and many else small components ...very cheap .
The only big problem is the pcb.
I'm learning the orcad cadence now ...

dexter2003 said:
Hi ,
Alexclaire
those 2*1800uf/200v will give you just 900uf ...I will have 1840uf at 320v ,and my amplifier has 2000w ,but I will newer use even 1600w.
The smps ,in the worst case will deliver 2000w ...

Nice!!! :bigeyes:

Do you think it's better to run Amplifier from SMPS from Mains AC instead of 60hz transformer? I'm wanting to build one for a sound system because it's all 4 ohm and needs high current. I also don't like AC hum that can come out of the speakers at 60 hz. What kind of PWR transistors do you use at that side of the SMPS? I tried 350V MJL4281/4302 and blew them up.

AFTER 2 YEARS I'm back on this topic , now it's about 5 kw smps , full bridge
so I will use the next parts :
MUR460 antipararel with the igbt
IRG4PC50W
EE71 (6.8CM^2)

AND 5 KW PFC
I calculated the transformer at 400v input so at 100khz i need just 10 turns( i use 12) primary , at bmax=1500 .... the secondary it's at 150v and i guess 5 it's enought (with 12 turs ) and will be around 166v .......

I think i will use2* ir2110 , but i don't know how it will handle those igbts at 100 khz with 10 ohms Rg

The triky part is the transformer , i have cooper foil about 0.1mm thick by 40 mm wide , but i can buy also 3mm litz wire , so the question is : witch is better the cooper foil (I'm afraid for the capcitance that those foil will create)
Also litz wire is good but i don't think it will fit into the transformer , because for the secondary i will use 2*150 v , each 150 will be bade with only 2 diodes (center taped secundary for each 150v) ...to minimase loses.
Also the transformer doesn't have bobin , so i will use sticlotextolit to make it , for the cooper tape(if i will use ) i have hostfan tape
http://i34.tinypic.com/2h699ch.jpg

If anyone have something to say about what to use , please write :
BTW it's not regulated JUST LLC ...

parts

Attachments

• DSC00047.JPG
    DSC00047.JPG
    802.5 KB · Views: 1,821
Dexter,
In 2001, i have built SMPS 2500W.
- Bridge mosfet APT6030
- Litz wire on "3c85" (not sure, 9 years ago)
- working frequency around 500kHz on low load, 150kHz on high load
Actually the most problem is pcb layout/wiring.

Regards,

Interesting , it seems that yours is resonating depanding on load , can you post a schematic for it ?
I think mine will be with 100khz , LLC , but with frecvency shifting is more interesant .

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.