2600w Smps

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
HY .
I HAVE JUST FINISH MY 2000W AMPLIFIER ,AND I NEED A SMPS OF ABOUT 2600W.
Can somebady tell me what ferrite core to use?
I think an etd 59 3c80 wil be good ?
For this amplifier i need 2x75v

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
sorry for my english

I think that at this power lewel only a full bridge topology would work
but i didn't find a schematic of something like this.Can someone tell me where i would find a entire documentation about making a smps with ower 2000w.The k6 amplifier from a&t labs ,www.a-and-t-labs.com/K6_Sw_Amp/index.htm has some good documentation ,but the layout is very big .
If somebody knows some link's please tell me...

----------------------------------------------------------------------
sory for my english

EWorkshop1708 said:
How big of a toroid core is needed for this kind of power???

I'm also interested because an SMPS of large size can be used to make power inverters as well as amplifiers.

Would a 3 or 4 inch toroid be large enough?

E-

Instead of the one-BIG-toroid, how about several smaller toroids, secondaries in series. The primaries would each be driven by their own MOSFET Pair/Quad. I have a schematic for a 2.5kW DC-AC Inverter that uses 8 transformers in this arrangement. Forces equal current-sharing and gives you the power level you want.

Say, 10 toroids with their secondaries in series, and each primary driven by its own set of MOSFETs off the 330VDC bus. This would enable ten half-bridges, or five cores for five full-bridges.

Attached is a copy of the power stage for the 2.5kW inverter.

Hope this helps,

Steve

Attachments

• power stage.pdf
    65.6 KB · Views: 2,412
N-Channel said:

E-

Instead of the one-BIG-toroid, how about several smaller toroids, secondaries in series. The primaries would each be driven by their own MOSFET Pair/Quad. I have a schematic for a 2.5kW DC-AC Inverter that uses 8 transformers in this arrangement. Forces equal current-sharing and gives you the power level you want.

Say, 10 toroids with their secondaries in series, and each primary driven by its own set of MOSFETs off the 330VDC bus. This would enable ten half-bridges, or five cores for five full-bridges.

Attached is a copy of the power stage for the 2.5kW inverter.

Hope this helps,

Steve

Seems like a better solution. Where could I get 4 or more identical cores 2-3 inches or so?

I recently bought a 1500 watt 12 volt to 120 mod sine inverter that appears to be built as the 2.5 kW supply described above in that my unit has 8 banks of two mosfets driving p-p xfmer primary with associated fuse. The mosfets on the transformers are heatsinked on the bottom side of the case as seen in this photo. I must say for a measly 1500 watt inverter this baby is really overbuilt!

In comparison I have a few Xantrex X-Power 1000 watt inverters and they contain only two such transformers of about the same size to make the 160 VDC rails for the output switches.

Attachments

• small.jpg
    small.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 2,929
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.