understanding star grounding

AndrewT, Juergen Knoop, thanks for the replies..
i'm building a new amp for a friend and this is actuel case plan.. pcbs are briangt's LM3875 kit..

earthing.gif

i hope all the wirings is ok and there is nothing faulty.. comments are wellcome :)

AndrewT said:
remove the fuse from the Neutral.
Only Fuse the Live.

I think in Turkey they have the same outlets like here in Germany, which you can turn by 180° and will still fit. So you never know, which one is really the live wire.

Nevertheless the use of only one fuse is okay. You must however be aware that mains voltage can still be present, even if the fuse is blown. Either that or use a two-pole circuit-breaker, which has more disadvantages than advantages in an amplifier.

pacificblue said:

I think in Turkey they have the same outlets like here in Germany, which you can turn by 180° and will still fit. So you never know, which one is really the live wire.

Nevertheless the use of only one fuse is okay. You must however be aware that mains voltage can still be present, even if the fuse is blown. Either that or use a two-pole circuit-breaker, which has more disadvantages than advantages in an amplifier.
Yes, in Germany you never know!
The point is to make the amplifier safe, regardless on which wire the live sits.
Then you can have only one fuse and let the PE and distribution panel CB deal with a catastrophic failure that escapes the equipment fuse.
Regards

pacificblue said:

yes, we have same outlets and we never know either..
what is the disadvantage of using fuse for neutral line?

Hi.
I have a problem in placing source ground at signal ground point of my LM4780 based amp.
As a source I use Creative PC sound card (24/192) which have a common ground for all channels I think. I use one unregulated PSU for two channels. Hence, I have one star ground (main ground) point and two signal ground points. Now I’m confused how many traces of source ground have to go to signal ground point. If two for every channel of the amp for every signal ground point – there will be a ground loop. If one trace only from source as the source ground – it will go to one channel only what can be wrong in laying out ground system of the amp.
Kindly thanks for help in advance.
Best regards.