rewinding secondary on toroid

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Voltage is the problem.
Then there are the logistics of controlling all that wire for the high number of turns required for a B+ supply.
The heater supplies are easy in comparison.

Keep in mind the turn to turn voltage if you start to multi-layer the toroid. Slight damage to the enamel insulation could create a fire hazard.

alright so the idea is crazy... unless i have a proper winding machine it's not going to be safe. damn...

btw i could connect two toroidals back to back and get 230vac if i really wanted too. A guy i know in australia makes valve amps by doing that.

anyhoo dun worry bout the flowers... at the rehearsal studio there was a guy using a variac inplace of a transformer in the amp and there were bare live wires hanging out everywhere... give him the flowers.

Hi,
back to back will work.
Isolation is just as good.
If there were some taps to adjust voltage you would be in clover.
But, you could easily add these on.
Two sets of 5V and 10V windings on the second transformer gives lots of options.

Adding 5V & 10V secondary to the first transformer would allow a large increase in final voltage (choice of feeding 50V/55V/60V/65V to the next secondary). I see 330Vac coming from 240Vac, if 15V (5V+10V) were added to No1 and 15V(5V+10V) added to no2. 65/50 * 255/240 * 240 = 331.5Vac (plus regulation)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.