Digital zero-voltage SPS with PID contrlol and feed forward - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Power Supplies

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 26th September 2007, 10:36 AM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default Digital zero-voltage SPS with PID contrlol and feed forward

Hi all.

Im thinkin of building a SMPS for private needs and i want a SMPS. As Im an automotive engineer I have a lot of interest in control systems etc so Im thinking of a digitally controlled SMPS.

Basic design is:

230V in - rectifier - Zero-voltage half/full/quasiwave switching MOSFET/transistor -~100V DC output.

The system should be controlled via a digitally PID controlled current-mode controller. Best would be if it had instant current feed-forward control but also a voltage control that works over time.

Output voltage should be in the order of 50-120V.

as you all understand this PSU will be HOT! on-line for my private needs. But I guess there should be no difference in the design if one instead chose to use a transformer for off-line applications. It's just the wiring who will change sligthly?

Anyways, have other people though of a similar topology/design? Is there already a nice availabe microchip for this kind of operation or is it best to program my own PIC computer ? (That won't be a problem if it's the best way).

Im fishing for tips advice and hopefully help here as Im not an experienced electrical engineer. Please let me know what you think of the concept!!

Thanks in advance
Kind regards
Michael

Hide this!Advertise here!