in wall speakers and amplifier specs

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi, I apologize if this is not in the correct catagory. I have a few questions about whole house audio systems.

I have 8 speaker pairs inside. I am using 8 ohm in wall speakers and the wires go from each speaker to one location where there will be a volume control (preferably with 4 separate volume controls in one lacation in wall). Then the wires go to a source selector which will be located by the sound system. I will also have outdoor speakers with its own outside volume control which will be wired directly to the source selector.

I have read a great deal about these products but I cannot decipher the information about watts and ohms. Can anyone tell me how to determine the necessery Watts/channel I need on a source selector. I would also need to know the same for an amplifier. It is also not clear to me if my choice in a volume control would have an effect on what I want in a source selector and amplifier.

My other question is about impedance matching equipment. I saw this question posted already but I did not totally understand the answer. If I have 5 volume controls all going to the source selector, is it better to have impedance matching VC and turn off the protection at the selector or buy transformerless VC's and turn on the protection at the source selector?

Hopefully that all makes sense and thanks for looking. Debbie

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.