Transformer - mystery VA

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I bought a pair of surplus transformers custom manufactured by Toroid for a local company. The (custom)part number does not jive with the standard part numbering/ID scheme which would normally indicate primary/secondary configuration, secondary voltage and VA rating.
Hand-written labels on tape identified the units as 20V, 100VA and as they are equipped with single secondaries, I used a pair for my first IGC. Quite impressed with the performance and having a few more chips to play with, I returned to my "dealer" and carried 10 more units home @ $10 ea.:)
I don't seem to have adequate power resistors on hand to properly test these things, but based on size/weight, I'm guessing that the units are indeed ~200VA.
Weight- ~5 lb
Dims- 1 3/8" x 5"

Does this sound about right to those in the know?

thanks
7/10

Attachments

• webtransformer 001.jpg
    webtransformer 001.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 324
Yeah, the fat lady is warming up...
The garage sale style labels and the physical dimensions appear to tell two separate stories. No worries though as my next two quickie projects are two channel GainClones which run happily on these trafos. I'll run a load test BEFORE I make any plans requiring more power:angel:

7/10

Thanks guys...
I called Toroid but the girl I spoke to couldn't find the specs for this custom part number as it is at least 3 years old. Testing to come.
Andrew,
126 Volt mains yield 23.6VAC(no-load), 30.6 VDC after rectifier/smoothing caps. I've had a pair of these running a 3875 Inverted GC for about 2 weeks. Cool and quiet.

7/10

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.