12KWatts PIC16F84/ADC0831 Power Inverter

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Trolling surplus dealers and auctions might turn up a good deal on a UPS with dead batteries. Companies often find it simpler to buy a new unit than deal with changing the batteries. The older Back-UPS units could be started as inverters by tapping the Test switch after turning the power switch on. The smaller units run on 12V, either from single batteries or 2x6V; bigger ones are 24V input,e.

Keep in mind that the APC units are rated in VA, and the real wattage ratings are about 2/3 that.

I seen this schematic when i was working on a inverter for my dads camper some time ago and i did use the pwm out of a processor (other processor st7lite25) .
i would stick to the idea of the pwm generator but try get rid of the bulky transformers .
Right now my work is over the top hectic ,so unfortunatly no time for play projects right now .
(the inverter is still half finished on the shelf) .
The magic sine wave is a good idea but i would prefer to stick my energy in chopping it out on the high side of a smps

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.