H-BRIDGE , HIGH SIDE direct coupled PNP-NPN transistor driver

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
re h-bridge

Hi everyone , after waiting for a week for a single reply !!, I come up with something, requesting all diyAudio GURU/MEMBERS to have a look on the attached diagram and comment on it, many thanks

Attachments

• hiside.jpg
    hiside.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 387
areza,

The opto coupler is very slow and the data sheet doesn't say anything about common mode rejection which is very important for this application. In addition, where are you going to get the floating 15 volt supply from? You would be better off with an IR 21XX and they are not that expensive for what they do.

Hi

Thanks
Half bridge is the best up to 1kw if you ask me, if you would need more then full-bridge would be way to go. You could use toroid instead ETD like cores.

Transformers aren't difficult to construct at all, I had to rewind it few times.ETD like cores will be more easy to wind then toroids, but toroids are lower, if you aim to put it in enclosure that is 1HE or 4cm if you look from inside, like I will.

Just read slup169.pdf from TI, look at page 36, Fig 39.

The good thing about gate drive transformer (Fig 39), you'll have negative bias at turn off. That's minimizing risk of cross conduction. Just be sure you have gate drive buffer at primary side of the gate drive transformer.

The number of turn much depend on the switching frequency.

I recently use the ATX SMPS gate drive transformer, and re-wound it with 0.16mm diameter magnet wire. 30T at primary, 30T at secondary (each). Pretty good at 100khz. For exact calculation about gate drive trafo, look at slup083.pdf (page 4)

SORRY FOR MISLEADING EVERYONE, the h-bridge is connected with a transformer secondary generating 260vdc and 2x15vdc (for 2 high side mosfet driver ), the reason I cant use transformer for gate driver cos the h-bridge is running at 50hz , at 50hz the gate driver transformer is not a option, also don’t want to use ir2113 etc cos they cost more then twice then 4 opto controlled driver stage for the h-bridge,

Hi
Thanks to JOE in SWITCH MODE (SMPS) YAHOO GROUP for a new concept I never thought b4 (cutting out the opto), here is the new PSPICE ( I m just a beginner, only 1 week ) files for those who want to try it in there simulator and point out any flaws , have fun

Attachments

• new.zip
    20.7 KB · Views: 96
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.