Delay matching in IR2xxx low and high side gate drivers

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have been analyzing the delay matching between channels in the following IR gate drivers. Test conditions are 22ºC, no load except 70pf (or so) from oscilloscope probes, Vcc=12V with 220nF decoupling applied to all three sections of the IC and both inputs driven in parallel from a fast square wave generator.

- IR2112: I have 10 pieces of these, all from the same batch. The high side output turns on 5ns later than the low side, and it turns off 30ns later. Those delays are consistent among all the devices tested.

- IR2010: I have 9 pieces of these, all from the same batch. Both outputs turn on almost at the same time, but turn off of the high side is delayed 30ns with respect to the low side. The delay is consistent among all the devices tested. I have also noticed that these delays drift a lot with temperature changes.

- IR2113: I have 9 pieces of these, 4 from one batch with white letters and another 5 from other batch with yellowish letters. The low side seems to be delayed by 5ns with respect to the high side, both at turn on and at turn off. The delay is very consistent among all the devices from the two batches.

At 4Mhz with IR2010 the high side channel is further delayed, particularly as temperature increases. Both turn on and turn off may be delayed by up to 100ns at 60ºC case temperature with respect to the other channel. This does not happen with IR2113.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.