Dedicated PSU for DEQ/DCX2496

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
The clock:

The-clock.jpg

I noticed that if I use some distans betwen the two,I can use them without wentholes.

Distans.jpg

I am at the moment using the DCX for the sub,and the AUX out on DEQ for Left right.And DEQ only as DAC.

Pictures of more buildings are welcome..;)

Moby said:
How it sounds? At the end I removed linear PSU and returned to switching (original PSU). I had the "thump" on-of issue and have an impression that stock psu sounds better :(
Ryssen said:
Voices are more upfront and treble more distinct,
I think the original psu was more soft and laid back.

Moby has the prefered, in my opinion, to say it:
and have an impression that stock psu sounds better

Ryssen:
Voices are more upfront and treble more distinct,
I think the original psu was more soft and laid back.

Evenso, Ryssen is clever enough to put in his reservation: I think

These are proper ways to publish our subjective personal impressions,
even if most readers will read such sound descriptions,
knowing that the poster can not guarantee
any other person to 'hear' the same thing.

My "impression" is based on the result of my and mine assistants work. I use DCX in the recording studio and result of our "creations" were more accurate with stock PSU. Op-amps and coupling caps are totally different story. Simply, no doubt , stock ones doesn't sound good enough. BTW, it's measurable so I don't have impression about that's a fact ;)

12V DC-DC power supply options

I have 2 DCX2496 and will be using one in my car soon. I will just use a generic power inverter to power the unit while I do my fabrication and tweaking. I would like to make the unit run off 12V however, and want to know what options I should look at.

I have found both of these options:

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/showthread.php?postid=1472576#post1472576

easy enough to build myself with pcb artwork available, and printed schematic. I have most the parts so maybe make it for $30 or less?

http://envisionelec.net/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=2

Is this really that much better of a design for 12V DC operation? How good are the bells and whistles in this design (worth over $100??)

I am wanting some opinions from you guys that are VERY informed on the Behringer PSU. I am kinda also hard headed and wanting to hear build option #1 it will be fine!

Thanks for your time

After skimming thru this old thread this morning without my spectacles (left them at a friends place last night - I hope), the +/- 15V is only for the existing analogue input and output stages, yes?

I am modifying my 3 DCXs with my own version of Jan's output stage and my own input stage but with PGA2310 as I already have them, and driven by my own ATMEL controller.

Does anyone also have a cheap source for the LT3080 as I'd like to try these for a change from simply building with the 317/337? I was going to leave the PSUs alone but as I need some power for my circuitry too, I thought why not? Almost all of the parts are on hand in my cache anyway and I'll probably just perf board build.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.